Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why I Wear Shoes


Why I wear shoes? Good question, I wear shoes because in most places you’re not allowed to go in without shoes on. I would much rather not wear shoes; in most cases it’s much more comfortable not to wear them. Every year I can’t wait till summer so I can go bare foot and throw my shoes in my closet for the summer. I love running around feeling the bare earth on my feet, and when it rains the mud squishing between my toes. Hot summer days are the best days to go without shoes, walking on the hot asphalt roads popping tar bubbles as I walk. Also I love hiking and walking on trail’s bare foot. I have walked through Watkins Glen bare foot and near my town there is a place called Chimney Bluffs and I walk that bare foot too. They are very rough and hard on the feet, but well worth it because it feels so great to be without shoes. Shoes are nice in the winter, and also important in keeping our feet warm in the snow but once summer comes around there really isn’t a need for shoes they are just to confining and uncomfortable. I don’t understand why stores have such issues with shoes especially the stores on the beach. Who wears shoes on the beach anyway, and when you don’t you can’t go into the store or you will get kicked out? When you do go without shoes you do have to be cautious and aware of what you are walking on because if you don’t you could have a lot of injuries on your feet, well mostly cuts. It does take time to adjust your feet to the rough terrain and the different temperature’s. But being bare foot isn’t for the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment