Thursday, February 3, 2011

Topic of choice


A hobby of mine is swimming. I taught myself to swim at a young age, well that’s what my parents said and I’ve been swimming since. When I was younger one of my favorite things to do was spend the summer days swimming in my pool at my house, I would spend all day in the pool and end up with horrible sun burn. I’ve swam for 7 years and competitive swam for four of the seven years. I would rather swim than anything else because it is so fun and such a good thing to do to waste time or stay active. As I got older I joined cougar cubs, a competitive swim team for younger kids that couldn’t be on a school team yet. I did cougar cubs until 8th grade. Then my freshman year I joined the swim team because I messed up my knee’s doing soccer. I learned to love swim team mainly because of my coach, who was also my coach for cougar cubs. He taught us girls to love swimming because it was in our hearts; he really helped me improve both physically and mentally with my swimming. He taught us to swim because we loved it and loved to be in the water, not just for winning because we never did that much but I still never wanted to do anything else. My junior year I was in a car accident and had a medal rode put in my leg and thought my swimming career was over, but with physical therapy I was able to get back into the pool for the end of my senior year as a swimmer. It took a lot of hard work to be able to swim my senior year, but I managed to swim in a couple of our meets at the end of the year. I even managed to go to sectionals with my team. I also managed to place a couple of second places in sectionals and had a good year.

3 comments:

  1. See i knew u weren't all human ur part fish! hahahah just playin. But i really enjoyed reading and thats deff a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you loved swimming and being on the team even without winning. I think we sometimes forget that there's more to competitive sports than owning the field (or pool), so it's nice to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this should be a lifetime movie!!! its really great that the accident didnt effect what you love to do! like brooke said its great that winning wasnt everything and i feel like that makes it more fun, atleast in my opinion lol

    ReplyDelete